In honor of spring and the start of the farmer’s market, here’s a fun recipe. Partner loved it because everything tastes better with bacon!
Ramps and Eggs with Bacon
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1/3 lb. ramps, cleaned and diced
- 1/3 cup water
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon. Chop about 1/3 of it into small pieces. Set rest aside.
- Put ramps in a large frying pan with a little of the bacon grease. Add water. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the water evaporates.
- Add a little more bacon grease.
- Add beaten eggs and chopped bacon. Stir constantly until eggs are cooked.
- Serve with bacon and toast or biscuits. Enjoy!